Dramatic Eye Makeup For Brown Eyes
Women with brown eyes have long lived with the unfashionable stigma of having a boring eye color. This is now a thing of the past. Thanks to makeup, it's now possible to look as glamorous and as alluring as the other eye colors out there. This article lists down dramatic eye makeup tips to help you enhance your physical appearance and your confidence to make you look and feel good about yourself.
Dramatic Makeup Tips for Brown Eyes
Some techniques you can use to wear dramatic makeup are listed below.
- Use an eyebrow pencil that's a shade darker than your natural color to make your eyebrows darker.
- If you want to make your eyes appear larger and more dramatic, use a light shade of eye shadow from the lashes to the eyebrows, followed by a darker shade applied thinly in the crease of the eye.
- When it comes to eyeliners, choose the shade that best matches your eye shadow. It doesn't have to be the same color; as long as they work well together, then your makeup will look good if blended well. Liquid eyeliner can be used to add more drama to your makeup. You can also combine a dark eyeliner with light eye shadow for a more striking appearance.
- Smoky eye makeup looks great with brown eyes! You can choose to go with the classic black/gray combination, or you can play up with the colors and choose color palettes from the browns or mauves families.
- If you want your eyes to sparkle, you can use eye shadow with shimmer, framed by your lashes with dark mascara.
Choosing Makeup for Brown Eyes
There are actually four different shades of brown eyes, so the eye makeup that claims to be made specifically for brown eyes may not work well for you. Listed below is a short guide to choose eye makeup that's appropriate for your shade of brown eyes.
- Dark brown. If your eyes appear so dark to be almost black, medium to dark shades will look good on you. You can mix it up with lighter colors so that your look won't be too harsh.
- Medium brown. Those who have medium brown eyes are lucky, because every shade works well with them. Mauve, purple, violet, gold, copper, and bronze shades look particularly well on medium brown eyes. Green is also a good color family to work with.
- Light brown. Pale yellow is a good option if your light brown eyes have golden flecks. Darker shades should only be used in the crease area so as to avoid overpowering your eye color. Black and dark brown eyeliners are good choices for those who have a light eye color.
Makeup for the Rest of Your Face
If you want eyes to gravitate to your dramatic eye makeup, keep the rest of your makeup minimal. Choose light or neutral shades for your cheek and lip colors. The important thing to know about applying dramatic makeup is to blend well, particularly when it comes to the eye area, otherwise, you may end up looking like a train wreck.